We don’t want to ‘wrap children in cotton wool’. Scrapes and bruises are part of growing up. But we don’t think children should die, or be disabled or disfigured, in accidents that can be prevented.
That’s why we offer expert safety advice to parents – to help you understand the risks, and give your children a safe environment to grow up in. You can browse the advice by topic and age group using the headings on the left.
Top selling products
Our products are presented in an engaging, colourful style that will appeal to parents and carers.
- Keep hair straighteners out of my reach
- Hair straighteners education pack
- One step ahead wallchart
- Pack of four posters
- How safe am I from bath water scalds?
About the safety advice categories
There can be so many risks inside and outside the home, it can be hard to keep track of them all. For instance, did you know that:
- Falls are one of the most common causes of childhood accidents?
- Six toddlers are admitted to hospital every day because they’ve been so badly burned?
- Many accidents can be prevented in just one minute, by moving dangerous objects out of a child’s reach?
One of the reasons children have accidents is because they develop so fast that Mum and Dad can’t keep up! How many times have you heard the phrase “I didn’t know he could do that”?
That’s why we also give safety advice by age group, it lets you know what to watch out for as your child grows up.
This section is a guide for parents and carers. The safety advice pages should not be reproduced or used as a teaching aid in safety workshops.
Practitioners working with children and families
Follow us on Twitter
Sign up to our newsletters
For frontline practitioners