Your child and button batteries

Your child and button batteries flyer

Very few parents know that a button battery, if swallowed, can kill a child in a matter of hours, and it’s not through choking.

This flyer informs parents about the nature of the risk, the sort of products that contain button batteries and essential information on what to do if they suspect their child has swallowed one.

Did you know?

If a button battery lodges in a child’s throat or gullet, the electrical charge from the battery creates caustic soda inside the body. This can burn a hole through the throat and major blood vessels and children can bleed to death in a matter of hours.

Yet button batteries are found in many everyday household objects such as car key fobs, musical greetings cards, children’s books and toys, and children's thermometers.

About the flyer

Your child and button batteries has essential information on the nature of the risk, the sorts of products that contain button batteries, what parents can do to protect their child and advice on what to do if they suspect their child has swallowed one.

Pack contains 50 flyers.

Product code: FLY010

Similar products

£7.45 Excluding p&p

View sample

Delivery information

    Categories
  • Leaflets and flyers
  • 11-14
  • 3-5
  • 5-7
  • 8-11
  • Babies
  • Toddlers
  • Burns and scalds
  • Fire safety
  • Home safety