Join our 2.5 hour live interactive training course to:
- Discover the links between childhood accidents and child development.
- Learn what works in keeping children safe.
- Explore effective ways of engaging parents with imaginative techniques that are easy to put into place.
New course date will be announced soon. Please sign up to be the first to know.
Develop your knowledge, skills and confidence
Designed for practitioners who work with families with young children, our training builds your knowledge, skills and confidence, sharing effective ways of engaging parents in child safety, using techniques that are easy to put into practice.
This includes explaining the links between accidents and child development, and specific risks at different stages, enabling you to weave safety advice into your conversations with parents, including at developmental reviews.
As the poorest children are over-represented in preventable accidents, our training will also help you empower vulnerable parents to improve child safety.
Join us to make the most of every contact with parents and offer practical, evidence-based advice on home safety for the under-fives.
- No need to travel, simply join us online. We’ll email you the link to the course and send regular reminders.
- Effective as an introduction to the issues as a well as a refresher for more experienced staff.
- Led by an expert, our course reflects national guidance on reducing accidents and evidence of what works in child accident prevention.
- Delivered via MS Teams, our course is fully interactive, enabling you to ask questions and participate in small group work and whole group discussion.
- After the course, we’ll send you an attendance certificate.
Feedback from participants on a recent series of 13 online courses for a local authority has been extremely positive – 97% of the health visitors, community nursery nurses and other early years practitioners ‘agreed’ or ‘strongly agreed’ that, after our training, they were better able to provide home safety messages and recommendations to the families they work with.
What do delegates say?
“Fantastic mix of listening and talking with slides and information. Loved the interactive components.”
“From now on I will engage with conversation, linking to development rather than giving a long safety talk.”
Meet our trainers
Kevin Lowe delivers our online training. Find out more about our expert trainers.