Button batteries, in particular big, powerful lithium coin cell batteries, can badly hurt or kill a small child if they swallow one and it gets stuck in their food pipe. Click the resources below to download and share or visit our button battery advice hub to learn more.
Watch the Mini First Aid Family Health Podcast where we're talking about the dangers of button batteries. We’re joined by Hollie, Mum to Ralphie, a healthy, happy toddler who swallowed a button battery. Hear the story of what happened to Ralphie and how his mum’s tenacity saved his life. Plus, learn more about where button batteries are, why they’re so dangerous, how to spot the signs that a child might have swallowed one, and what to do if you suspect the worst. Visit our button battery safety hub