We offer in-person and live online training to help your staff make the most of every contact with parents and offer consistent, evidence-based advice on child safety.
We adapt course content to suit your needs, using local data and reflecting local circumstances to encourage collaboration and support a place-based approach.
Both our face-to-face and virtual training is fully interactive, offering opportunities for small group work and whole group discussion.
This is a cost-effective way of delivering staff development, at the time and place that best meets the needs of a group of staff.
Knowledge into practice
Our training builds learners’ knowledge, skills and confidence, sharing effective ways of engaging families, using strengths-based techniques that are easy to put into practice.
This includes explaining the links between accidents and child development, and specific risks at different stages, enabling practitioners to weave safety advice into conversations with parents, including at developmental reviews.
As the poorest children are over-represented in preventable accidents, our training also helps participants empower vulnerable parents to improve child safety.
- 2.5 hour live virtual training: £550
- 5 hour in-person training at a venue of your choice: £995 plus travel and subsistence.
Each course is suitable for up to 24 delegates.
While our focus is home safety for under-fives, we can also cover road safety and the safety of older children.
We can also work with you to develop a bespoke training programme to roll out across your local area.
- Effective as an introduction to the issues as a well as a refresher for more experienced staff.
- Our live virtual training brings practitioners together in a learning environment without the challenges of travel.
- Our longer in-person training allows practitioners to practise and gain confidence in applying the skills they have learnt.
- All our expert training reflects national guidance on reducing accidents and evidence of what works in child accident prevention.
What do delegates say?
Feedback from participants on a recent series of 13 courses for a local authority has been extremely positive – 97% of the health visitors, community nursery nurses and other early years staff ‘agreed’ or ‘strongly agreed’ that, after our training, they were better able to provide home safety messages and recommendations to the families they work with.
“Fantastic mix of listening and talking with slides and information. Loved the interactive components.”
“From now on I will engage with conversation, linking to development rather than giving a long safety talk.”
Tell me more
Contact us for a no-obligation discussion about commissioning our training:
Note: For our in-person training, you supply the venue and facilities, and select which staff you want to benefit from professional development.