Button Batteries

“It turns out this is one of the most damaging and dangerous things that my beautiful boy could have ever swallowed. It does not get much worse than this.” – Mother of an 8 month-old baby boy.

post image

WATCH: Button battery dangers and how to stay safe – Free webinar replay

Watch the free recording of our webinar on the dangers of button batteries to learn why button batteries are so dangerous, where they can be found and what to do if you suspect a child has swallowed one.

Button batteries, in particular big, powerful lithium coin cell batteries, can badly hurt or kill a small child if they swallow one.

In this free 45-minute webinar we talk to a variety of experts including:

  • Rachel Rowlands, a Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine at University Hospital Leicester
  • Hollie Phillips, a mum whose son was hospitalised after swallowing a button battery
  • Nicky Dowd, a health visiting lead who is the new Chair of Coventry’s accident prevention group
  • Geraldine Cosh, industry standards expert

You’ll hear:

  • Why button batteries are so dangerous
  • Where they can be found
  • What to do if you suspect a child has swallowed one
  • The impact button battery injuries can have on families
  • How to buy batteries and products with safety in mind

Want to know more?

Our button battery advice hub tells you more about the dangers and where you can find button batteries in your home, offers practical safety tips and advises what to do in an emergency.

Do you work with families?

We have a series of free printed resources and downloads to help you create a talking point, run an engaging workshop and provide essential advice to the families you work with.

Order your free printed copies here

Grab your free downloads here

Stay in touch

Don’t miss out. For free safety advice and resources direct to your inbox, sign up here.

Share this post